26 October . 2018
Fall Fun Event Guide
Sterling on the Lake has the best of both worlds, being conveniently located near both the nature of North Georgia and the bustling city of Atlanta. This means the ways to enjoy fall with friends and family are practically endless! Make the most of the season with these festive fall activities just around the corner:
- Embrace nature! Enjoy the outdoors at Fort Yargo National Park. This park offers an escape from the everyday hustle and bustle to unwind and truly relax amongst nature. Whether biking, boating, hiking or taking a history tour, Fort Yargo offers a place to get away and enjoy the changing leaves.
- Looking for a weekend getaway? Consider visiting Ellijay. From vineyards and golf courses to antique shops and craft beer, you will be sure to keep yourself blissfully busy in this quaint town!
- Looking for some arts and culture? The Woodruff Center has got you covered. On the second Sunday of every month from 1 to 4 p.m., the High Museum of Art offers free admission for all visitors and special family-fun activities. This is a perfect Atlanta day trip this fall!
- Nothing says “Fall” more than apple picking! Head to J. Reece Orchards in Ellijay, where you can spend the day on the farm. From apple orchard to a petting zoo, zip lines, pony rides and an onsite bakery, this family friendly place has something for everyone.
- It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! Stone Mountain Christmas can be considered one of Atlanta’s most heartwarming events for all ages. Whether you’re wanting to see the beautiful Christmas parade floats or let Santa know what is on your list this year, this event is sure to put you in a festive mood.
Want More Information?
- 2020 (2)
- 2019 (40)
- 2018 (39)
- 2017 (19)
- 2016 (27)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (1)