07 May . 2021
Who’s Moving to North Georgia
Are you looking to move into a new home with a change of scenery? Somewhere with beautiful weather, affordable living and plenty of ways to get outdoors and stay active? Sterling on the Lake is located in Flowery Branch, a family-friendly town with southern charm and abundant access to nature. Our residents of all ages thrive here in Northern Georgia. Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer, a growing family looking for extra space, or an empty nester looking to simplify, there’s something for everyone to enjoy here.
Here's what you need to know about who's making the move to North Georgia and why:
Who's Moving to North Georgia?
- Young Professionals - With increased remote working, many young professionals are moving to areas where they can enjoy affordable housing and beautiful scenery, without needing to worry about their proximity to the office. Plus, homes in this area have the great home office flex space many need.
- Families - Families are also flocking to the North Georgia area for these same reasons. And with lakes, parks, waterfalls, and green spaces there are endless amounts of outdoor activities to keep the family busy in and around the community. The local schools provide many learning opportunities for children of all ages. Parents looking for a beautiful, affordable, friendly atmosphere to raise their kids are often drawn to this area.
- Empty Nesters - The area also continues to be a draw for empty nesters. Our brand-new 55+ neighborhood, Encore by David Weekley Homes at The Retreat, offers newly-built, low-maintenance ranch-style homes, allowing you more free time to enjoy doing what you love – from walking or biking, playing a few rounds of golf at a nearby course, or relaxing poolside at The Retreat clubhouse, and so much more.
Top Reasons to Move to North Georgia
- Great Home Pricing - There are many reasons why people across the United States are considering the move to North Georgia, and the affordable cost of living is at the top of the list. At Sterling on the Lake, you can find the home you’ve been wishing for starting from the $300s. Or choose your own builder and design your very own home with the Custom Lot Program in The Preserve.
- Nature Galore - North Georgia is known for its proximity to the mountains, state parks and many recreation areas. With mountain access across North Georgia and neighboring states, you’ll enjoy a breath of fresh air, beautiful nature, and the wildlife that comes with it.
- Outdoor Fun - Outdoor activities such as boating, water skiing, and fishing are available practically all year long – with Lake Lanier less than 10 miles away from the community and our very own Lake Sterling, there’s always an opportunity to get out on the water.
- Beautiful Seasons - The weather in North Georgia ranges from mild winters to warm, humid summers. So, if the brutal cold of the north has begun to wear on you, North Georgia is the perfect escape.
- Big City Entertainment - Flowery Branch is a 40-mile drive north of Atlanta, which is known for its musical heritage, sports teams, artists, civil rights museums, and aquarium. You'll also find exceptional dining options coupled with southern hospitality.
- Cities with Charm - The Buford and Flowery Branch areas are known for their local shopping and dining, antique stores, walking trails, playgrounds, and water access. You can find the perfect blend of small-town charm when living at Sterling on the Lake.
Making the Move
If you're looking for beautiful scenery, abundant outdoor activities, and close proximity to bustling cities, Sterling on the Lake is the place for you. With a large selection of home options and countless attractions nearby, you’re sure to find your bliss at Sterling on the Lake.
Contact our team of community specialists by Live Chat, email, or phone to see how we can help in your move to North Georgia.
Want More Information?
- 2021 (13)
- 2020 (24)
- 2019 (40)
- 2018 (39)
- 2017 (18)
- 2016 (27)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (1)